Are you aware that your home plumbing system accounts for around 15 percent of the overall home value?
I think you might be surprised by this information.
The plumbing system of your home plays an essential role in keeping the home operation smooth. Apart from that, an efficient plumbing system enables you to get clean water for various purposes, including drinking. On top of that, with the help of modern plumbing, no one can feel a shortage of water, and it also increases the overall efficiency and water-saving.
Keeping all these things in mind, in order to keep everything in good condition and to protect your investment, maintaining the plumbing system is paramount.
In short, if you want your home plumbing system in good condition, you have to go for a regular plumbing inspection to protect both the plumbing system and your wallet.
Now, most people ask what plumbing inspection is?
Basically, plumbing inspection is the planned process in which plumbers will inspect the critical areas of your home plumbing system. In order to ensure the whole process will go smoothly without any damage, homeowners hire Certified Plumbers in Perris. For same-day services, hire emergency plumbers. Hire a company offering the best plumbing service that is backed by the assurance of durable solutions and affordable plumbing charges.
Why is plumbing inspection essential?
Hiring an experienced and licensed plumber in Perris for your home plumbing inspection helps in keeping the system running smoothly, which also prevents costly and unexpected repairs. Sometimes, any of the damage in your plumbing system is not visible with naked eyes; in this case, going for a regular plumbing inspection will help detect the damage until it’s too late. Apart from that, some of the other benefits of routine plumbing inspection are: –
- Helps in saving your valuable possessions. That means plumbing inspection helps in reducing the risk of clogged drains, leaks, seepage, etc., that can welcome mold and also damage your dream home.
- It helps in reducing the risk of emergency repairs. Hiring a professional to inspect your home will decrease the chances of calling a plumber in Perris in an emergency as your home is inspected from time to time for various damages and risks.
- Lower the overall water bill. According to reports, an average homeowner in the USA uses 10,000 gallons of water each day due to various damages to the plumbing system. But, if you inspect your home plumbing system regularly by a professional, the chances of risk are low, and the water will not get wasted, which will automatically decrease.
Plumbing inspection checklist
When a professional plumber comes to your home to inspect your home plumbing system, they fully plan how to do the inspection so that any area of the house is not left without inspection. So, let’s talk about the plumber inspection checklist: –
Inspecting the pipes
Looking at the house pipes offers a professional plumber an idea of whether the home is facing any lurking issues or not. The reason to look first at the plumbing pipes is they are the connecting members of your home’s whole plumbing system. If any damage occurs to pipes, it will affect the whole plumbing system, which needs immediate repair, which is not as easy as you think.
Professional plumbers in Perris check for the following things in pipes: –
- If the pipes are prone to lead, they will replace all those pipes as lead is quite harmful
- Pipes do not have rust formation
- If your home plumbing system has plastic pipes, they ensure that the plastic used in pipes is permissible.
- They turn on all faucets to check whether the pipes are making noises or not.
- Also, check for leakage via going for two tests: a pneumatic pressure test and a hydraulic pressure test.
The condition of the water heater
This should be a part of your plumbing inspection checklist. Most people take a water heater as granted and don’t go for its regular maintenance until it does not offer hot water. While inspecting your home plumbing system, the professional plumber will look at the condition of the water heater. However, they will also check the following things in the water heater: –
- Age of the water heater
- Thermostat and temperature settings
- The capacity of the tank, according to the members living in the home
- Valves of the water heater
- Fuel pipes
- Connections that are connecting the water heater
Main sewer lines
The main sewer line of your home is essential and plays a vital role as it carries the sewage of your house to the city sewer line. However, all your household drains are directly connected to the main sewer line. In this case, the plumber will run water from all the taps and fixtures and check whether all the drainage is satisfactory and doesn’t have any blockage.
Apart from that, they will also do an inspection of the main sewer line with the help of a camera so that any damage can be easily identified. Always call for the best plumbing service to ensure durable and affordable plumbing solutions.
Some of the signs of issues inside the sewer lines are: –
- Check the material of the sewer line whether it is fine or not
- Inspect the line for any clog which is restricting the water
- Tree roots intrusion
- Corrosion in the pipeline
- Whether the connection joints are fine
Check slab leaks
These days most homes are built on concrete slabs, which offers ample benefits to the homeowners. But with time, they also crack, corrode, and due to excess pressure, get damaged. However, if there is some problem in the slab of your home, the professional will find the below signs: –
- The water pressure is very low.
- They are hearing running water sounds without any reason
- High water bills
- There is mold under the carpets and rugs
- The floor gets various cracks
- You will feel warm when you touch the water patches on the floor.
Check the faucets
Faucets are also known as taps which need careful inspection. That means, with time, most of the faucets start leaking or get corroded. Apart from that, the handles of the taps also get jammed and covered with mineral deposits. So, the best plumbing service professional will check all the above things in the faucets and then do the needful.
Check sump pump
If your home has a basement along with an underwater drainage system and sump pit, then checking it on a regular basis is essential. The professional plumber will check the sump pump manually by filling the water in and checking whether the pump activates to empty the water or not.
Water pressure of the home
If you want water pressure at your home at the desired level, ensure the water supply runs smoothly according to the minimum pressure needs. To check this, the plumber will turn on the building water service between 75 psi to 100 psi to check the working pressure of all the pipelines.
When will you go for a plumbing inspection of your home?
According to a professional plumber in Perris, your home must be inspected once a year. But if your home is older, the inspection should be done more frequently so that the plumbing system will run smoothly and will not damage your home.
Moreover, there are various other circumstances when you must go for a plumbing inspection. They are: –
Remodeling your home
If you are planning to remodel your home, go for a plumbing inspection as well. The reason is sometimes, due to the renovation process, the home plumbing system might have some slab leak issues which need immediate slab leak repair in Perris; otherwise, it can cause extensive damage.
Selling a house
When you sell your home, then also going for a home inspection is a good idea as it will increase the value of your home. You can show the proof of inspection to the potential buyers and offer them peace of mind knowing everything is fine.
Buying a new home
There are various things that occupy your mind when buying a new home. Most people forget to get a whole-house plumbing inspection done and later find that the slab plumbing pipes are aging and leaking or the roof plumbing is not in the best condition. Before you sign a contract to buy a new home, ensure to check the plumbing system of your home and protect your investment.
The bottom line
If you go for a regular plumbing inspection for your home, it can indeed prevent many significant problems and also ensure that the home plumbing system is working correctly. So, in order to make your investment worth it, ensure to go for a plumbing inspection from the best plumbing service company.
You can call L&S Turnkey Plumbing and Restoration for the inspection of your home. The reason is they have more than 20 years of experience in this field and also have a client list to prove this experience. Apart from that, no matter what type of plumbing issue your home faces, they can solve all the problems efficiently within no time. In short, they are the one-stop solution for all your plumbing needs